Please note: Over-the-air viewers in Milwaukee need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive CBS58, WMLW, MeTV, Telemundo Wisconsin, Heroes & Icons, Bounce, Decades, Start TV, Movies! and most other local channels. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:
https://www.cbs58.com/rescan

Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Firefighter nearly falls through hole burned in 2nd floor of Racine home while battling blaze

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- It was a scary situation in Racine Friday evening as firefighters battled the blaze in a Racine home.

Fire broke out around 5 p.m. in the 1500 block of Erie Street.

The fire was brought under control and extinguished fairly quickly but not before a firefighter nearly fell through a hole burned in the 2nd floor where the fire started.

The investigation revealed that the fire may have started from the unsafe use of an unattended electric space heater.

"This fire, the onset of cooler weather,  and Fire Safety and Prevention Month provide an opportunity to remind everyone that space heaters should be used sparingly and always kept at least 3 feet from things that can burn," the fire department said. 

The fire did $35,000 in damages to the home.

There were no injuries reported.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?