City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works schedule changes during holidays
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works will be changing its schedule during the holidays.
Government offices will be closed December 24 and 25. However, some DPW services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Drop Off Centers:
- There will be no garbage or recycling pick-up on December 24 and 25. Collection schedules will shift accordingly
- Drop-Off Centers will be closed December 24 and 25
- No parking meter or hourly restriction enforcement on Tuesday, December 25
- No overnight parking permit enforcement on Monday night into Tuesday morning (December 25 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.), and Tuesday night into Wednesday morning (December 26 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.) unless a DPW Operation is called
- Overnight parking permit enforcement resumes on Wednesday night into Thursday morning (December 27 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Open – Monday, December 24 (7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon).
- Closed – Tuesday, December 25.
Milwaukee Water Works:
- 24-hour drinking water service and Emergency Control Center: (414) 286-3710
- The Customer Service Center will be closed on Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online