Charges Filed Against Registered Sex Offender for Double Homicide

Two counts of First Degree Intentional Homicide have been charged against Patrick D. Fowler for his involvement in the double homicide in the 100 block of N. 68th Street on Saturday, according to a release by Milwaukee Police. 

The Milwaukee Police Department is working with Miller County, Arkansas to extradite Fowler back to Wisconsin.

Fowler, a 31-year-old Milwaukee man, was arrested in Arkansas earlier this week for the homicides of a woman and child.

CBS 58 News found out Friday that just six months ago, a judge issued a restraining order to someone else, acknowledging that Fowler could likely commit murder. 

A source close to the investigation tells CBS 58 News that the defendant was without remorse when describing the crime and acted the same way after Milwaukee detectives secured a confession.

According to the criminal complaint, Fowler told police he killed them because the mother disrespected him during a verbal argument. 

Officials responded to the home near 68th and Stevenson around 9:00 PM on March 19 for a large fire.

A 29-year-old woman and a 4-year-old girl were found dead in the home.

Jessica Ellenberger was found stabbed 26 times as well as having fire damage to her face and hands. Madyson, 4-years-old, was found with two stab wounds including one to the center of her chest and significant fire damage to entire body. Both deceased individuals had charred paper attached to their chest areas.

The Fire Department, also, found two coloring books were on the stove and two of the burners were in the on position. 

Detectives were able to find 3233 contacts with Fowler's phone on Ellenberger's phone. The last outgoing text message was to the Fowler's number. 

Fowler told police during the argument he pulled her hair and then stabbed her. Because she was still alive he grabbed more knives and continued to stab her and then slit her throat. 

He then heard the 4-year-old screaming, "Mommy." Fowler said he reached out a stabbed her. 

He allegedly said he watched as each of them took their last breath. He then set the house on fire. Before leaving he allegedly said he took the Easter Candy with him.

Fowler's mother told police that on March 19 she received a phone call from one of her sons that she needed to find Patrick. 

Fowler told his mother, "She's dead."

His mother asked if he called the police and Patrick said, "let it go."

According to the criminal complaint. Patrick told her not to watch the news because he did not want her to think her son was a monster. 

Fowler purchased a Greyhound ticket to Texas but was apprehended by US Marshals in Texarkana, Arkansas. 

Charges were filed against Fowler on March 22 for Sex Registry Violation. 

In 2013, he was charged with child abuse causing harm. 

We also know that Brenda Fowler, Patrick Fowler's mother and also Mercedees Falkner, who is the mother of Fowler's child, were arrested, but not charged. 

Share this article: