Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Candles spark fire at Racine home on New Year’s Day

NOW: Candles spark fire at Racine home on New Year’s Day

NEXT:

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) – Five people escaped a house fire on New Year’s Day in Racine that started because of unattended candles.

Authorities say they were called to a two family home near Grange Ave. and 17th St. shortly before noon on Tuesday.

An elderly woman and her adult son escaped from the first floor while a young couple got to safety from the second floor with their 2-year-old son.

No one was hurt and firefighters also rescued a bearded dragon that was in the home.

The fire caused around $70,000 in damage to the structure of the building. All five people are displaced and being helped by the Red Cross.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?