Wisconsin tourism awarded $280,607 in Joint Effort Marketing grants
MADISON, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Department of Tourism announced $280,607 was awarded in Joint Effort Marketing (JEM) grants.
According to a news release, JEM grants provide partnership funding to help nonprofit Wisconsin organizations promote tourism, including 501(c)(6) organizations such as Convention and Visitor Bureaus and Chambers of Commerce.
“Wisconsin’s tourism industry continues to make strides toward recovery while contributing to the long-term economic success of our state,” said Governor Tony Evers. “These JEM grants will continue to uplift communities across the state while further solidifying Wisconsin as a top tourism destination for outdoor recreation, festivals and the arts.”
With five rounds of grants throughout the year, the JEM grants are part of an ongoing program to ignite projects and grow economic impact.
“This round of JEM grants features exciting events that are sure to help in-state and out-of-state travelers make memories,” said Secretary-designee Anne Sayers. “Here’s to putting Wisconsin’s celebratory nature on full display while driving economic impact for local communities.”
Joint Effort Marketing Grant Recipients:
- Ride Across Wisconsin, Wisconsin Bike Fed – awarded $39,550
- Taste N Glow Balloon Fest, Wausau/Central Wisconsin Convention & Visitors Bureau – awarded $29,663
- Art Escape, Bayfield Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Bureau – awarded $29,763
- 62nd Annual Art at the Park YR2, Trout Museum of Art – awarded $5,000
- Country Fest 2022, Chippewa Falls Area Chamber of Commerce – awarded $30,000
- Wisconsin Arts and Peony Festival, Beaver Dam Chamber of Commerce – awarded $7,381
- U.S. Open Chainsaw Sculpture Championship, Visit Eau Claire – awarded $30,000
- Rock Fest 2022, Chippewa Falls Area Chamber of Commerce – awarded $30,000
- Stormy Kromer: Evolution of a Classic, Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum – awarded $28,250
- Northwoods Fall Ride, Tomahawk Regional Chamber of Commerce – awarded $30,000
- Antigo Lions Roaring Raceway Championship Off-Road Race Event, Antigo Lions Club, Inc., - awarded $20,000
- Dino Daze YR2, Green Lake Renewal, Inc. – awarded $1,000
A news release goes on to say, a JEM grant is often a catalyst for communities, giving them the means to tap into the power of travel to make a solid impact on their economy and create jobs for its residents.
The next round of applications for JEM grants will be accepted through August 1, 2022. For more information on the JEM program, all deadlines and application materials, visit industry.travelwisconsin.com.
In fiscal year 2021, the Department funded 45 JEM projects, awarding $1,130,000 million statewide.