Wisconsin Dells' Great Wolf Lodge set to reopen June 30
WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Great Wolf Lodge announced Wednesday that they will be welcoming guests back to the resort beginning Tuesday, June 30.
The lodge says they collaborated with medical experts and specialists to develop customized health and safety procedures for the 435-room resort.
The reopening plan focuses on disinfection and sanitization, physical distancing, personal protection and minimizing surface interactions in all guest areas.
Some of the measures include:
- Resort staff will sanitize all frequently touched surfaces in the water park, attraction areas, restaurants and all public spaces continually using hospital-grade disinfectants
- All guest rooms will be disinfected and sanitized prior to check-in, paying special attention to high touch areas
- Occupancy will initially be reduced to 50% or less so families can easily maintain a minimum of six-feet separation from others
- Markers will be placed in queues for water slides, attractions, retail shops, food outlets and front desk measuring six-feet of distance between guests
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the resort will increase "significantly" and the lodge will provide personal protection amenities for guests such as disinfectant wipes, sanitizer and face coverings. Guests can request a complimentary mask at the front desk.
- Plexiglas barriers will be installed where social distancing may be a challenge
- Additional contactless payment options will be implemented
- Food outlets will offer remote ordering with pick-up options
- All staff will undergo a wellness and temperature check before reporting to work. Anyone presenting symptoms or indicating possible exposure will be sent home. They will also be required to wear masks in situations where social distancing may be difficult.
In a press release, the resort says, "Great Wolf Lodge will continue to make health and sanitation safety its first priority, and ensure its reopening plan meets or exceeds all recommended guidelines from the CDC."
For more information or to make a reservation, visit www.greatwolf.com/wisconsin-dells.