Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Wisconsin couple creates emergency choking tool after losing son

GRANT COUNTY, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A Wisconsin family is turning a personal tragedy into a useful emergency tool.

"I could tell that he was going...because he wasn't getting oxygen," said mother Courtney Bruegmann.

Matt and Courtney Bruegmann's son was declared brain dead after he swallowed a ball and first responders couldn't remove it.

The couple looked for a way to keep the tragedy from happening to someone else. That's when they came up with LifeVac. 

The device is FDA approved and can be bought for $70 on Amazon. It still needs special permission from the state to be used by EMS agencies.

A city in Grant County plans to have LifeVac in their ambulances by December 1. 

For more information on LifeVac, click here

Share this article:
Save with