We Energies looking for new dogs for 811 campaign
We Energies is looking for a new canine safety ambassador to star in our safe digging campaign. The energy company is looking for dogs to spread an important safety message: Doggone it! Call Diggers Hotline (811) before you dig.
Whether you’re planting a tree or installing a fence post, you could be putting yourself in danger if you strike an underground natural gas line or electrical cable. Now, your furry friend can help us raise awareness about safe digging.
If your pet makes the cut, his/her picture will be featured in We Energies promotional material – including a grand unveiling at Energy Park at the Wisconsin State Fair.
The ad featured here shows the winners of last year’s campaign, Darby and Boca. A similar ad will be developed with this year’s winner.
Here are the rules:
- Submit one photo of dog digging
- One entry (photo) per person with your name and address, and dog’s name
- Must be We Energies customer
- Must be available to attend unveiling at Wisconsin State Fair on Friday, August 11 at noon with your dog (tickets will be provided)
- Photo quality of at least 150 dpi – .jpg or .tiff format preferred
- Submit photo entries by midnight July 16 to email@example.com. Photo will be used on our social media channels and may be used by media outlets as well.
We’ll narrow down the entries to a list of finalists for a public vote. The winner will be unveiled in a ceremony at Energy Park on August 11.
The winner will receive tickets to the Wisconsin State Fair, a prize basket of treats for their famous furry friend and bragging rights about their canine’s cameo at Energy Park.