WE Energies Customers Can Apply for Energy Assistance
WE Energies Customers now can apply for energy assistance for the upcoming heating season.
Milwaukee County residents can apply for assistance in person at Community Advocates or United Migrant Opportunity Services (UMOS). Visit energyassistancemke.org or call 414-270-4653 for more information.
More families may qualify for aid this year due to changes in income eligibility.
An individual who earns $26,174 per year or less may qualify, and families of four that earn up to $50,336 per year also may qualify.
WHEAP provides qualified residents with a one-time grant to help pay energy bills. Qualification is based on income levels, not on whether someone is behind on paying their energy bills.
Applicants must provide:
• Photo ID for applicant, including name and address
• Proof of income for all household members for previous three months
• Social Security numbers for everyone in the household
• Current energy bill or account number
• Phone number of landlord and rent certificate or statement (if applicant is a renter and heat is included in rent or a separate payment is made to the landlord)
WHEAP provides assistance to more than 200,000 Wisconsin families annually.
Customers with questions about their energy bills or payment options should call our payment assistance line at 800-842-4565.