Walmart workers treated for low oxygen levels

Walmart file photo

SOMERS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Three employees at the Walmart in Somers were overcome while working in a closed cooler Sunday morning.   

According to Somers Fire Chief Carson Wilkinson, around 9:00 a.m. the workers began showing the symptoms of low oxygen levels while working in the cooler. He said the door to the cooler was closed at the time.

The three were transported to a local hospital to be examined. Initially, the Fire Department was called to the Walmart at I-94 and 38th Street for the report of a unknown gas leak.  

Chief Wilkinson said firefighters checked for noxious gases in the store and found none. The store was reopened around 10:00 a.m.

Share this article: