Update to Kenosha County road closures
Five days after flooding rains fell in Walworth, Racine and Kenosha Counties some roads are still closed.
The majority of those road closures are in Kenosha County:
- State Highway 50 at the Fox River Bridge – Approximately 2 to 3 feet of water
- Highway EA between Highway L and Highway S – sinkhole
- Highway JB between Highway W and Highway 83 – water across roadway
- Highway W between Highway 50 and 52nd St – water across roadway
- Highway F between Highway B and Highway FR – with fast moving water across the roadway between Fox River bridge and Fox River Park entrance.
- Highway B between Highway F and Highway AH – water across roadway
- Highway W between Highway C and Highway JI – water across roadway
The sinkhole on Highway C between Highway D and Highway 45 has been repaired and the roadway is now reopened.
From noon on Monday July 10 until noon Sunday July 16, the Kenosha Sheriff’s Department has responded to 1,263 calls for service, including: 134 reports of road hazards, 86 motorists assist calls, 29 medical calls, 171 traffic stops (inclusive of vehicles that have driven past traffic barricades), 50 service calls, 20 citizen assist calls, 8 boating law violations, and 105 other additional patrols.
Sheriff Dave Beth has ordered additional Deputy, Bike Patrol and Detective staffing, and Sheriff Beth has lengthened the normal patrol shifts. However there continues to be motorists who ignore traffic barricades and signs, and drive into the flooded areas. This behavior is dangerous and illegal.