Terry Jackson held on $10M bond in murder of Brittany Booker in Racine
RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Terry Jackson has been formally charged in connection to the homicide of 30-year-old Brittany Booker in Racine, has been formally charged. His bond has been set at $10 million.
Jackson, 41, is facing the following:
- First degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon
- Possession of a firearm by a felon
- Felony bail jumping (3 counts)
- Attempted first degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon
- Stalking resulting in bodily harm, domestic abuse assessments
- Felony bail jumping (9 counts)
- False imprisonment, domestic abuse assessments, use of a dangerous weapon
- Strangulation and suffocation, domestic abuse assessments
- Substantial battery, domestic abuse assessments
- Felony intimidation of a victim, use of a dangerous weapon, domestic abuse assessments
Jackson was captured by authorities after nearly a month on the run.
According to reports, Jackson assaulted Booker in her home with her children present and forcefully took her into her vehicle. Booker was later located by the Racine Police Department inside the vehicle deceased from a single gunshot wound to the head.
Officials say that on the morning of May 22, Jackson was located in Chicago. After a brief standoff and negotiations, Jackson surrendered without incident. A firearm was recovered from the scene.
The fugitive investigation for Jackson spanned five states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Texas and Arizona, before ultimately returning to Chicago, Illinois.