Summerfest Day 1: Big Boi, Steve Aoki, Jason Aldean and more
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The first day of Summerfest kicked off Thursday, June 23. Big names like Steve Aoki, Big Boi, Barenaked Ladies and headliner Jason Aldean will all take the stage.
There are several ticket options to choose from. Single day tickets are $25, but you can also get multi day passes.
Passes are available for three, six and nine days. As always, there are opportunities to get in for free.
Anyone who brings two jars of peanut butter to the festival grounds between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday, June 22.
Bus shuttles will be available once again this year! Five routes will take people to the Big Gig from places in Milwaukee County:
- Milwaukee/College Avenue Park and Ride (I-43/I-94/County ZZ/College Avenue)
- Milwaukee/Holt Avenue Park and Ride (I-94/I-43/US 41/Holt Avenue)
- Hales Corners Park and Ride (I-43/I-894/WIS 100)
- West Allis Park and Ride (State Fair Grounds – I-94/76th Street)
- Wauwatosa Park and Ride (US 45/Watertown Plank Road)
Riders are encouraged to get tickets ahead of time.
There's also new items being offered this year at the Big Gig, including food and drink options along with new merchandise.
All different kinds of local food will be available including classic American, Korean, Mexican, Italian, and not to mention plenty of sweet treats for a snack or dessert!
The free Summerfest app can show you using GPS the closest places to get food near you when on the grounds. CLICK HERE for more.