Summerfest and Kohl's announce Captivation Station details
Summerfest is partnering with Kohl’s to provide families with the opportunity for free admission to the festival during Kohl’s Family Day and dynamic educational activities at Kohl’s Captivation Station during Summerfest 2017.
As part of Kohl’s Family Day, on Sunday, July 2 from Noon until 3:00 PM, the first 2,500 patrons who donate three non-perishable food items for kids will receive one FREE Summerfest admission ticket, valid for the day of the promotion only. Suggested food items include canned chicken or tuna, fruits canned in 100% juice and low sodium vegetables. All donations benefit Hunger Task Force.
The Kohl’s Captivation Station, located on the south end of Henry Maier Festival Park, will be open from Noon to 7:00 PM every day of Summerfest. Attendees will be able to participate in family-friendly activities, including:
- Kohl’s Color Wheels, an art-making experience presented by the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Kohl’s Design It! Mobile Lab, unique hands-on projects highlighting design with Discovery World
- Kohl’s Wild Theater, conservation-themed theatrical performances from the Zoological Society of Milwaukee
- Kohl’s Building Blocks Program, a Penfield Children’s Center program that promotes the health and positive development of children and celebrates their unique abilities
- Kohl’s Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Program, an educational display teaching children and families how to keep safe and healthy with help from Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin