State Fair breaks one million in attendance, will look at infrastructure improvements
Another Wisconsin State Fair is in the books. The 2015 fair wrapped up at 10 p.m. Sunday. Over the two weeks the fair was going on more than one million people walked through the gates. In total, 1,033,053 people attended this year's fair. That number comes close to last year's record-setting attendance, which was 1,030,881.
With such high attendance numbers, CEO Rick Frenette said leadership will look at improving some infrastructure at Wisconsin State Fair Park.
\"We had 130,000 people on the grounds at the same time,\" Frenette said. \"Infrastructure, sewer systems, water, that kind of stuff. Parking is crowded to the seams. Those are things we have to address in the future.\"
Other numbers from the 2015 State Fair include:
- 15,000 social media mentions and 20,000 mobile app downloads
- 120,000 rides on the SkyGlider and 121,000 slides down the Giant Slide
- 127,000 lbs. of food donated to Hunger Task Force
- $420,000 raised at the Governor's Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction
- 250,000 games played
- 1,000,000 rides taken in SpinCity
- 400,000 cream puffs consumed
The Wisconsin State Fair will return to West Allis on August 4-14, 2016. You can get tickets to next year's fair with a special offer Monday night from 5:00 to 10:00 pm. Follow this link: