Snow covered hydrant hampers firefighting efforts in Greendale
GREENDALE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Greendale Fire Department was called out to a fireplace fire on Thursday afternoon.
It happened around 1:22 p.m. in the 8800 block of Greenmeadow Lane.
Fire crews entered the home and found that a chimney fire had spread to the exterior of the residence and the attic area.
The fire was brought under control in approximately 30 minutes.
Fire crews were hampered by the fact that they ran out of water due to having to dig out a fire hydrant that was buried by snow.
No one was injured.
There was significant damage to the home.