Six Flags Great America Announces New The Joker Ride
Six Flags Great America and Warner Bros Consumer Products announced plans for its 15th and most maniacal roller coaster to date, the all-new free-fly coaster, The Joker. The new ride described as an "insanely twisted chaos coaster' will be a massive new centerpiece in the Yankee Harbor section of the park, next to Batman The Ride roller coaster.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with the DC brand as it continues to resonate well with our guests. The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest Super-Villains of all time,” said Hank Salemi, Six Flags Great America park president. “This free-fly coaster will perfectly capture the essence of the warped and unpredictable nature of The Joker. It will take our park to the next level of thrills.”
After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, the free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience this wild adventure with no track above or below - just the sky, ground and plenty of sinister thrills.
The unique design of The Joker features the following thrills:
- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design.
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track.
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles.
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels.
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift.
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling.
The new ride, The Joker, is expected to open in the spring of 2017.