Salvation Army: Red Kettle Campaign is $30,000 behind compared to previous year
MILWAUKEE COUNTY, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Salvation Army says their annual Red Kettle campaign is $30,000 behind compared to this same time last year.
Donations to the Red Kettle Campaign help support more than 80 programs and services in Milwaukee County, including the Feed the Kids summer meals program, the Salvation Army Toy Shop, the Backpack and school supplies program, Coats for Kids, Christmas Family Feast, and the Emergency Lodge.
"If we don’t meet our Red Kettle goal, it could result in cutting programs and services. We would not be able to help vulnerable men, women, and children in great need. That would be tragic,” said Major Steve Merritt, Divisional Commander for The Salvation Army in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan.
Here is how you can help:
- By Mail, send in a check: The Salvation Army 11315 W. Watertown Plank Road Wauwatosa, WI 53226
- By Mail, send in your gift using your mail appeal envelope
- Text “Milwaukee” to 41444
- Make the best gift you can in any kettle
- Donate online at www.SAmilwaukee.org
- Purchase a season pass pin
The goal for the 2017 Christmas season is $3.8 million.