Reckless driver arrested after crashing into deputy's squad on Hwy 175 near Vliet
MILWAUKEE COUNTY (CBS 58) -- A 39-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested and is now facing multiple charges after fleeing from a traffic stop and crashing into a deputy's squad car.
A deputy saw a vehicle without registered license plates traveling southbound on Highway 175 near Vliet on Saturday night.
The deputy conducted a traffic stop and as he exited his squad, the driver of the vehicle fled.
The deputy then pursued the driver for .5 miles until the driver lost control of his vehicle near Alois and Vliet. The driver veered sharply to the left and crashed into the deputy's squad.
The driver then exited the vehicle and ran northbound across Vliet.
He was taken into custody by Milwaukee Police Officers who heard the crash happen near their district office.
The driver is now facing the following charges:
- OWI-1st, Vehicle Operator Flee/Elude Officer
- 2nd Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety
- Resisting Obstructing an Officer
- Felon in Possession of Firearm
- Possession of Marijuana w/Intent
- Possession of MDMA
- Possession of Schedule 2 narcotic and a Department of Corrections warrant