Racine County joins city with goal to vaccinate 3,000 people in next 30 days
RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Racine County announced its new joint vaccine incentive with the city Thursday, June 17.
In an effort to get 3,000 more people vaccinated over the next thirty days, the Joing Vaccine Incentive Campaign will give away prizes to residents.
The campaign will run from June 17 through July 17.
The city and county have each donated $5,000 and will give out 66 prizes through a random drawing.
“It is our hope that this campaign will motivate more of our residents to get the vaccine. Residents who get fully vaccinated by July 17th can get two entries into the drawing. Bring everyone in your family who’s over the age of 12, that’s a lot more entries for your family. We really hope to reach 3,000 vaccinations in the next 30 days to give out these great prizes,” said Mayor Cory Mason from the city of Racine.
The 66 prizes include:
- One month rent (up to $700, paid directly to landlord)
- $100 towards utility bill of winner's choice (paid directly to the utility)
- Weber propane gas grill
- $50 gas cards
- $50 grocery cards
- 65" Smart TVs
- Lunch with the Mayor
The drawing will take place June 20, 2021.
The incentive campaign is open to anyone who is eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine – those under 18 need parental consent.
To enter the prize drawing, vaccine eligible residents must get vaccinated at one of the four following locations:
- AMI's Regency Mall Vaccination Clinic;
- City of Racine's Vaccination Clinic at Festival Hall or City Hall;
- City of Racine/Ascension's Vaccination Clinic at the Bryant Center at the Juneteenth Celebration on June 19th;
- Other City of Racine-sponsored 'pop up vaccination clinics' that may become available.
“I encourage any Racine County resident who hasn’t yet been vaccinated to take advantage of this opportunity and help us beat COVID once and for all,” said Jonathan Delagrave Racine County executive.