Police: 5 displaced following Racine apartment fire

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Racine police say five people are displaced following an apartment fire near 7th and College on Friday, Aug. 13.

The Racine Fire Department responded to the fire at 7:40 p.m.

Officials say the fire began in one of the bedrooms when an occupant connected the power cord of his window air conditioning unit to a power strip which caused a malfunction.

WE Energies restored power to the building after the fire.


Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?