Packers Travel Advisory
(Green Bay) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region Office is reminding motorists heading to Lambeau Field on Sunday, October 18 for the Green Bay Packer/San Diego Chargers football game and a 3:25 p.m. kick off that I-41 and adjacent roadways from Oneida St. north to Lineville Road in Brown County are under construction.
I-41, WIS 172 and I-43 could experience significant backups near the stadium, as could the I-41 interchanges at Oneida Street, WIS 172 and I-43. Barrier walls, orange barrels, and narrow lanes will affect travel. Due to the I-41 Project construction, Ashland Avenue through De Pere and Ashwaubenon will also experience increased traffic congestion as additional motorists use this as an alternate route. The heaviest congestion is expected between 11 a.m. to 3:25 p.m. and again after the game.
WisDOT strongly recommends motorists allow themselves additional time to reach their destinations and check 511 Wisconsin website (www.511wi.gov) or call 511. Additionally, motorists are advised to remain alert and plan on exercising patience as they drive through the Green Bay area.
Here is a list of the major roads in northeast Wisconsin most Packer fans will be traveling as they head for Lambeau Field and the road conditions they should anticipate.
I-41 and WIS 172 Interchange
Motorists should expect heavy congestion and potential long delays at this interchange before the game and again following the game. Motorists should consider avoiding this interchange area and utilize alternate routes if possible.
Barrier wall, narrow lanes, short merge distances and orange barrels will be present at various locations.
- Brown County
- Drivers will encounter 11-foot travel lanes and reduced shoulders in multiple locations along a 10-mile segment of highway. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph from just south of Grant Street to Lineville Road. Temporary barrier wall at various locations will cause traffic to slow.
- The northbound I-41 on-ramp from Velp Ave remains closed and drivers should plan alternate routes by using nearby interchanges such as Shawano Avenue, Lineville Road or Atkinson Drive interchanges.
- The I-41 northbound ramp to WIS 172 Westbound is closed for construction. Drivers seeking WIS 172 westbound from I-41 northbound will be detoured onto WIS 172 eastbound to Van Derperren Way west to Holmgren, Holmgren north to Pilgrim and Pilgrim east to WIS 172 westbound
- Winnebago County
- Drivers will encounter reduced speed limits on I-41 near the US 10/WIS 441/I-41 interchange. Drivers should also watch for reduced lane widths and reduced shoulder widths on northbound and southbound I-41.
- The eastbound US 10 ramp to southbound I-41 is closed.
I-43 and I-43/I-41 interchange
- Brown County
- I-43 between Atkinson Drive and I-41 is reduced to a single lane in each direction. Traffic heading north on I-43 to access southbound I-41 could experience back-ups in this location. The speed limit is also reduced to 55 mph.
WIS 441/US 10 and Roland Kampo Bridge
- Winnebago, Outagamie and Calumet counties.
- Drivers should be aware of orange barrels, narrow lanes, barrier walls and reduced speed limits.
- Oconto County
- US 141 northbound single lane closure at Krueger Quarry Rd.
- US 141 southbound single lane closure between Krueger Quarry Road and McCarthy Road..
- Marinette County
- US 141 between Beaver Creek and Middle Inlet in Marinette County is detoured for structure replacement. The signed detour is US 141, WIS 64, County W, US 141.