UPDATE: Man burned after getting shocked near Mitchell Park Domes
Updated: September 4, 2017
UPDATE: MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- A man is recovering from severe burns after investigators believe he touched some railroad equipment near the Mitchell Park Domes.
First responders say the man was walking on the Hank Aaron Trail near Layton and Evergreen Sunday night around 9:00 when he was shocked. Crews found the man alert and talking, but in pain. He was later taken to St. Mary's Hospital for his injuries.
A WE Energies spokesperson says the utility received a call from Union Pacific saying a piece of their equipment was touched. Initially, it was believed that the man was shocked due to down power lines although WE Energies said there were no reports of lines being down.
The man is expected to survive his injuries.
Posted: September 3, 2017
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- One person was taken to the hospital Sunday evening after touching power lines.
According to Milwaukee Fire Department, the man was transported around 9:00 p.m. after touching "voltage lines" near Layton and Evergreen near the Mitchell Park Domes.
The man was taken to St. Mary's Hospital with burns.
We Energies does not report any disruption of electricity.