Neighbors quick action helps rescue two occupants from house fire in Racine Saturday

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Racine Fire Department is crediting neighbors for their actions in alerting authorities and helping residents involved in a house fire in Racine Saturday, Sept. 11.

Authorities say they responded to a report Saturday of a fire in the basement of a home at 2029 Jay Eye See Avenue in Racine around 4:13 p.m.

Reports indicate that upon arrival, firefighters determined heavy smoke and flames were coming from south side of the house and that the fire had started on the outside of the home

Officials say that the fire was quickly put out after approximately 15 minutes and that the interior of the house only sustained minimal damage.

The Racine Fire Department praises the quick action of neighbors Saturday, who alerted authorities about the house fire and rescued the two occupants in the house fire.

At this time, authorities believe the fire was accidental but will continue to investigate the scene.

No injuries were reported to occupants, bystanders or firefighters as a result of the fire.





Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?