'Milwaukee Vets Week' kicks off events honoring our heroes
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Veterans Day is one week away -- Nov. 11 -- but in Milwaukee, military men and women get more than just one day.
"Milwaukee Vets Week" kicked off on Monday, Nov. 4 -- it's a series of events honoring the service of veterans.
Monday was a luncheon celebrating vets in the workforce. It was held at the Harley-Davidson Museum and not only were veterans honored but a salute was given to companies that hire them.
"We're recognizing employers like Froedtert Health, like Kohler, organizations like Baird that have really gone above and beyond, whether it's supporting service members who are serving in the military and happen to deploy overseas," said Saul Newton, Veterans Chamber of Commerce.
Here's a look at the list of events:
- Nov. 4 - Veterans in the Workforce Awards Luncheon
- Harley-Davidson Museum 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Nov. 7 - 4th Anniversary Chamber Muster
- Milwaukee Yacht Club 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Nov. 12 - Morning Formation - 2 Part Series
- Waukesha County Business Alliance 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Nov. 14 - Veterans Chamber Muster - Fond du Lac
- Salute the Troops (54 East 1st Street) 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Nov. 21 - Meeting Federal Contract Requirements
- MSI General Corporation located at W215 East Wisconsin Ave. Nashotah, WI - 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dec. 5 - Corporate Veterans Roundtable
- 4th Base Restaurant located at 5117 West National Ave, West Milwaukee, WI - 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information, CLICK HERE.