Milwaukee Election Commission provides update on April 7 primary
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The Milwaukee Election Commission provided an update on the upcoming April 7 election in Wisconsin on Saturday, April 4.
Executive Director Neil Albrecht said, the Election Commission is working with the Milwaukee Health Department to ensure the highest level of safety for workers and voters on election day.
Albrecht encouraged the public to consider personal protection, and take into account how long it will take with the extra precautions set in place.
There will be a limited number of voters allowed in the polling spaces. A holding room will be outside the voting room with a limit of no more than 50.
Five in-person polling places have been established with traditional hours 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Aldermanic Districts 1*, 3 and 6: Riverside High School, 1615 E. Locust St.
- Aldermanic Districts 2, 5 and 9: Marshall High School, 4141 N. 64th St.
- Aldermanic Districts 4*, 12 and 14: South Division High School, 1515 W. Lapham Blvd.
- Aldermanic Districts 7*, 10, and 15: Washington High School, 2525 N. Sherman Blvd.
- Aldermanic Districts 8, 11, and 13: Hamilton High School, 6215 W. Warnimont Ave.
District 1, Ward 47 (normally at Hampton School) will be voting at Washington High School
District 4, Ward 181 (normally at Charles Allis) will be voting at Riverside High School
District 7, Ward 107 (normally at Ben Franklin School) will be voting at Riverside High School
District 7, Ward 67 (normally at Barack Obama School) will be voting at Riverside High School
Voters are encouraged to confirm their ward number and voting center location at myvote.wi.gov by clicking the "Find My Polling Place" prompt at the top of the screen, or by visiting milwaukee.gov/election and clicking the "Where Do I Vote?" link.
The deadline to mail in your absentee ballot has been extended to April 13.