Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Mini-Marathon canceled
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The Milwaukee Brewers announced the ninth annual Brewers Mini-Marathon is canceled amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
According to a news release, the event, which is presented by PNC Bank, was set to take place Aug. 29 and include a half-marathon, 10K and 5K race with fundraising proceeds to benefit the MACC Fund.
"The Brewers would like to express their gratitude to all participants who were looking forward to running this year and raising money for the MACC Fund, and welcome them back for the 2021 Brewers Mini-Marathon," the news release states.
Participants who are currently registered for Brewers Mini-Marathon events will automatically be transferred to their respective events in 2021. There is no action required on participants part.
For those who choose not to participate in 2021, alternative options include the following:
- Defer your registration to the 2022 Brewers Mini-Marathon on a TBD date.
- Donate your registration fee to the MACC Fund. Note that this option will not allow you to defer registration to 2021. If you wish to participate in the 2021 race, you will need to register and pay again.
- Receive a refund for 2020.
To select an alternative option, visit your participant dashboard and sign in to your Race Roster account using the same email you registered with and follow the below steps.
- Click “Edit Registration” on the right.
- Update your information as needed.
- Click “Save & Exit” to submit your change.