Mercury spill in Kenosha
KENOSHA-A hazardous materials team was called out to 912 35th Street Friday afternoon after a box was dropped in city owned warehouse.
Inside the box was liquid mercury. The amount of a tennis ball spilled out over a six foot wide area.
The fire department tells us the surrounding neighborhood was never in danger and the spill was contained inside the building.
Any amount of mercury is dangerous and can cause people to have a series of ill effects, including spinal column issues if exposed.