Marcus Theatres to reopen June 19, including 3 in our area
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Moviegoers anxiously waiting to get back to theaters during the COVID-19 pandemic will only have to wait a little longer, as Marcus Theatres unveiled their rollout plan Thursday, June 11.
On June 19, 2020, six theaters, including Marcus Ridge Cinema in New Berlin, Renaissance Cinema in Sturtevant and BistroPlex Southridge in Greendale, will open in the first phase of the rollout.
According to a news release, as part of the initial reopening experience, Marcus Theatres is introducing its “Movie STAR” approach, which incorporates new health and safety measures and is in alignment with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. Everyone can be a Movie STAR and play a role in creating a safe environment with social distancing; Thorough cleaning; App and website ordering of tickets, food and concessions for no-to-low contact interactions; and respecting each other by following these new protocols.
Marcus Theatres Phased Reopening Plan and guidelines will continue to evolve with time and will be assessed and updated on an ongoing basis.
For Everyone’s Safety
Upon reopening, additional measures include:
- Company will conduct associate wellness checks and implement the use of face masks, as well as the use of gloves as appropriate during the associate’s shift
- Guests will be encouraged to wear face masks in public areas and stay home if sick
- Low-contact options for ticket and concessions/food purchases will be available through the app and website
- There will be an increased frequency of cleaning, especially high-touch surfaces
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the theatre
- In-theatre signs will encourage proper social distancing
Hours, Product & Price
- At first, theatres will be open four days per week – Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays* – with an expectation to ultimately return to seven days per week
- Initially, hours of operation will be limited, opening late morning and closing early evening
- The app or website will provide available showtimes
- Movies that were popular when theatres closed will be featured for reopening including: “Sonic the Hedgehog;” “Bad Boys for Life;” “Jumanji: The Next Level;” “The Invisible Man;” and more
- Also showing will be retro classic movies. A “Harry Potter Series” will start June 19
- Upon reopening every movie will cost $5 (no upcharges)
- When new movies are released, standard pricing will apply
- Low-contact food ordering will be highly encouraged through the Marcus Theatres app and website
- Concession stands will be open, serving the traditional menu – popcorn, soda, candy, nachos, etc.
- In-theatre dining auditoriums initially will not have delivery to seats upon reopening
- Food orders will be picked up in a designated area
- Menus will stick to favorites such as appetizers, pizzas, chicken tenders and burgers to start
- Theatre bars/lounges will be open, but table service will be temporarily unavailable. Drinks will be welcome in auditoriums
- Zaffiro’s restaurants will open with proper spacing between tables, a maximum of six guests per party and other safety enhancements in alignment with theatre practices and local government guidelines
- Guests will still reserve seats. A checkerboard seating pattern and a couple of empty seats between groups allows for proper social distancing in accordance with the CDC
- Although capacity will be limited, groups can be seated together upon arrival at the theatre and in accordance with state regulations, provided accommodations are available
- Staggered showtimes will limit the number of people in common areas of the theatre, and extra time between shows will allow the time for thorough cleanings
- Following the movie, guests will be asked to exit while practicing social distancing between groups, dispose of all trash and avoid congregating in the lobby