Local Restaurants Prepare for Fish Frys
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 7:42 PM CDT | Updated: Feb 10, 2016 8:08 PM CDT
Lent is here, and that means Milwaukee locals are looking for a way to make sure they are including those essential proteins on Fridays without the option of eating meat. One way to do this is by eating fish.
CEO & Founder of Sobelman’s Pub N’ Grill Dave Sobelman came on the CBS 58 News at Four to discuss some ways to incorporate fish into Lent diets and their favorite, dishes as a healthy alternative to meat during Lent.
Sobelman also introduced a new style of Bloody Mary for Lent featuring a huge salmon stick as a garnish. Salmon isn't cheap these days, the drink will run you $15.
Other Fish Frys include:
- Milwaukee Food and City Tours offers a Milwaukee Fish Fry Tour
- Milwaukee Fish Fry Guide has listing in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee, Racine, Kenosha
- Yelp Includes on their list of best fish frys:
- Oscars Pub and Grill in Milwaukee 414-292-0100
- Swingin' Door Exchange in Milwaukee 414-276-8710
- Fritz's Pub in Milwaukee 414-643-6995
- Maxie's in Wauwatosa 414-292-3969
- County Clare Irish Pub in Milwaukee 414-272-5273
- Local Parishes with Fish Frys include:
Email your fish fry information to [email protected]