Kohl's announces reopening of 34 stores in Wisconsin beginning May 22
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Shoppers will be allowed inside Kohl's as 34 stores are set to reopen in Wisconsin on Friday, May 22 at 11 a.m.
Seven stores, Madison East, Madison West, Madison South, Appleton North, Darboy, Racine and Janesville, will remain closed in accordance with local guidelines.
"In preparation for reopening, we’ve made significant enhancements to the store environment and staff operations to prioritize the health and safety of Kohl’s customers and associates. You can find these detailed in our reopening release here.
Kohl's customers can expect to see the following changes at Kohl's stores, to support ongoing health and safety precautionary measures:
- Kohl’s has reduced operating hours and will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily until further notice.
- Kohl’s is offering dedicated shopping hours for at-risk individuals including seniors, those who are pregnant or have underlying health conditions every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Signage and floor decals have been placed throughout the store to encourage six feet of social distancing, with a particular focus on high traffic areas including at customer service and checkout.
- For stores that have two or more entrances, one entrance has been closed and each store will operate with a single point of entry to the store.
- An associate greeter will be stationed at the front of the store with the sole role of welcoming customers, sanitizing carts between each use and limiting occupancy, as appropriate.
- In-aisle fixturing has been removed to increase space for customers to pass through the aisles while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Kohl’s has installed protective barriers at all registers and will offer touchless payment through Kohl’s Pay on the Kohl’s App to make the checkout experience as contactless as possible.
- Checkout lanes will be cleaned by an associate after each customer transaction, including the sanitation of the pin pad and counter.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at each register and throughout the store for customer use.
- Fitting rooms will be closed until further notice and the use of beauty testers has been suspended to reduce and minimize touch points.
- Kohl’s has made adjustments to the returns process to minimize contact between the customer and associate. In addition, to support social distancing, Kohl’s will accept Amazon Returns in a separate location within the store.
- Kohl’s will continue to facilitate regular cleaning of our stores, including all restrooms, entrances and all customer touchpoints, during all operating hours by a third party cleaning service.
Kohl's will continue to offer limited-contact drive up service at most stores for buy online, pick up in store and ship to store orders.Customers can simply drive up and park in designated parking spots at their local Kohl’s and an associate will place their Kohls.com order directly in their trunk or backseat.