Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Knocked over candle ignites fire in Racine

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Racine Fire Department responded to a fire just after midnight on Wednesday in the 1600 block of Villa Street. 

Someone living in the house called 911 telling them that her bedroom was on fire. When firefighters arrived everyone was out of the building and the fire was contained to the second floor bedroom. 

A woman in the house told officials she knocked over a lit candle which lit the bed on fire.

The damage is estimated at $25,000.

Share this article: