How to avoid fraudulent cleaning, disinfection companies
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – During the COVID-19 pandemic, more and more cleaning and disinfection companies popped up. However, owner of Enviro-Master of Milwaukee, David Poll said some of these companies are a scam.
Poll joined CBS 58 to share tips and advice to avoid becoming a victim.
- Background Check - If the company suddenly appeared out of nowhere just like the virus itself, and they have no background in commercial or industrial cleaning, this is a red flag.
- Certification Claims - There is no EPA, CDC, or WHO certification for cleaning or disinfecting companies.
- Chemical Questions - If a company claims their product kills SARS-coV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, ask for product EPA registration and/or active ingredient of the chemical used
- Ask about the safety of the chemicals to be used. Some chemicals are bleach-based. While this can kill germs, these types of chemicals can be toxic and corrosive. This can create a different type of health hazard and damage to property
- Equipment Analysis - Check for proper equipment like electrostatic sprayers, not all sprayers are the same
- Fee Inquiry - Only agree to proper payment and terms
- Critical Credentials - Request to see the company’s license and insurance registration