Here's everything you need to know to vote in Wisconsin's Spring Primary on Tuesday

SOUTHEAST, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Voters will head to the polls on Tuesday, February 18. If you're planning on voting, there's a few things you need to know.

First, Wisconsin law requires every qualified voter to maintain a current voter registration before voting in an election. If you are uncertain of your voter registration name, address or status, you can click here and select "Regular Voter" to look up your voter record.

If you need to update your voter registration, you can do so by mail, online, at any Milwaukee Public Library, at City Hill, or at your voting site on Election Day. For further information on how to do that, click here

All voters provide a document establishing their proof of residence as part of the voter registration application. The requirement applies to all electors who are not military or permanent absentee voters. Any document used as a proof of residence MUST include:

  • Your current and complete name
  • Your current and complete residential address
  • A visible account or document number (if applicable)

    AND must be from one of the following proof of residence document types:

  • A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
  • A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
  • Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
  • Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
  • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
  • A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
  • A bank, credit card, or other account statement issued by any financial institution.
  • Paycheck.
  • A check or other document or official correspondence issued by a unit of government (this includes official mail from a public high school or state college or university, such as MPS or UW-Milwaukee).
  • A university, college, or technical college identification card (must include photo) ONLY if the voter provides a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk.
  • A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes the registration date (cannot be used when registering by mail)

To find your polling place, click here.

To check and see what's on your ballot, click here

Share this article: