Heart of Canal Street campaign raises $1.16 million for local charities
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Thirty-one local charities will benefit from the Potawatomi Casino's annual Heart of Canal Street campaign.
The campaign raised $1.16 million, much of that money coming from a special bingo game.
Every year the casino names a charity of choice to receive the largest contribution.
This year, that organization is Pathfinders, a group that will use the $100,000 contribution for its fight against child sex trafficking.
"This partnership with Potawatomi is critical to our ability to further address this issue and end the trafficking and exploitation of our young people here in Milwaukee," said Tim Baack, President & CEO of Pathfinders.
The other 30 charities on the list from Adoption Choice Inc. to the Women's Center will each receive more than $35,000. See the complete list of charities below:
- City Year Milwaukee
- Exploit No More, Inc.
- Hunger Task Force
- Junior Achievement Wisconsin
- Lake Valley Camp
- Neighborhood House of Milwaukee
- Walker’s Point Center for the Arts
- The Women’s Center
- Adoption Choice, Inc.
- Aurora Family Services
- Bong Naturalist Association
- Boys & Girls Club of Kenosha
- Elevate, Inc.
- FRIENDS, Inc.
- Good Friend, Inc.
- Helping Hands Healing Hooves
- Kenosha Human Development Services Inc.
- Kyle’s Korner – The Reiman Center for Grieving Children, Teens
- Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan
- Milwaukee Kickers Soccer Club
- Ozaukee Family Services
- Parents Place, Inc.
- Prevent Blindness Wisconsin
- Schauer Arts & Activities Center
- The Threshold, Inc.
- Wisconsin Adaptive Sports Association
- Woodland Pattern Book Center