Gov. Evers signs $10M contract to improve Brown Deer Road in Milwaukee
MADISON, Wis. (CBS 58) -- To invest in Wisconsin’s transportation system, Governor Evers announced Monday, April 12, he signed a $10 million contract to improve WIS 100 (Brown Deer Road), between 91st Street and N Arbon Drive, in the City of Milwaukee and Village of Brown Deer.
Work is anticipated to begin the week of April 19, 2021.
Payne and Dolan Inc., is the prime contractor for the project and will implement the following:
- Pavement resurfacing
- Full pavement replacement at WIS 100 intersections with 66th Street, 60th Street and 50th Street
- New traffic signals at nine intersections
- New sidewalk on the south side of Brown Deer Road from 68th St. to 64th St., and from 60th St. to 56th St.
- Curb ramp reconstruction
- Updates to existing bus stop platforms
- Modifications to median openings at multiple locations
During construction, WIS 100 will remain open.
Two lanes of traffic will be open in each direction during morning and evening peak hours on weekdays. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction during midday hours, evenings and weekends. There will be short term closures at alternating side road intersections.
Construction is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2021.
Evers' office says the schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress.