Fond Du Lac carbon monoxide leak sends 8 warehouse workers to the hospital
FOND DU LAC, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A total of eight warehouse workers at Quality Packaging in Fond du Lac were transported to hospitals after a carbon monoxide leak left them feeling ill around 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 27.
Officials say the apparent cause of the leak was narrowed down to a forklift used in the warehouse.
According to police, Fond Du Lac Fire Rescue responded to a report of a possible carbon monoxide leak and upon arrival, began to treat several workers who complained of symptoms indicative of the poisoning. The eight patients were transported to hospitals in Fond du Lac and Waupun.
Alliant Energy was also on scene and they along with fire crews detected elevated carbon monoxide levels in the warehouse, according to a news release. Officials say the building was evacuated and ventilated.
FDLFR paramedics evaluated several workers and some refused medical attention and were not transported.