Firefighters Battle Chimney Fire in Lake Geneva

On Saturday, November 19 at 11:11 PM the Lake Geneva Fire Department was dispatched to 1133 Madison Street for a reported fire. When firefighters arrived they found a fire in the fireplace chimney and ceiling. 

The resident who called 911 told authorities they noticed light smoke and the wall above the fireplace turning brown.

Firefighters were able to quickly knock down the fire and vent the roof, but the living room and fireplace received extensive fire and smoke damage. 

No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is under investigation.

The Lake Geneva Fire Chief encourages anyone with a fireplace chimney to have it cleaned and inspected regularly.

Share this article: