Fire damages Germantown home
A lightning strike started a fire that caused an estimated $75,000 to a Germantown home early this morning. Germantown Fire Chief Gary Weiss said the lightning strike occurred around 1:30 to a home on Auburn Lane. The lightning followed a gas line, sparking a fire in the attic, which was about 40 percent involved when firefighters arrived. The two occupants were able to exit the home and were not harmed. Crews were on the scene for over three hours. One firefighter was injured, spraining an ankle as he exited a vehicle. He was treated at a local hospital.