Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Downed electrical pole starts fire at Racine County home

Thursday morning’s storms sparked a house fire in the Town of Raymond that did about $50,000 damage and displaced the two occupants of the rural Racine County home.  

According to Town of Raymond Fire Department around 2:30 AM, high winds blew over electrical poles, causing a short in the power supplied to the home.   As a result, the metal conduit in the house became energized, sparking fires throughout the two-story home on South 51st Street.  

The energized conduct also posed an electrocution hazard to firefighters as they fought spot fires in the basement, first and second floors of the home.  

About three hours after the initial call, We Energies crews were able to cut the power to the home and the firefighters were able to extinguish the remaining fires.

Share this article: