Dehumidifier fire at River Hills church prompts warning from officials: is yours on this recall list?

RIVER HILLS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A dehumidifier started on fire at an unoccupied church in River Hills on Sunday, Feb. 7. The incident prompted North Shore Fire officials to urge people to check their dehumidifiers to see if they have been recalled. 

In a Facebook post, the North Shore Fire/Rescue said the fire was quickly put out by the sprinkler system at the church. 

Thankfully, the building sustained minor damage. 

Back in 2013, Gree recalled 13 brand of dehumidifiers due to serious fire and burn hazards. CLICK HERE to view the full list and how to check if your dehumidifier is on it. 

Share this article: