Crews to begin Green Tree Road Bridge replacement over I-43
Posted: Apr 17, 2018 4:17 PM CDT
On April 24, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will begin reconstructing the Green Tree Road Bridge over I-43 in Milwaukee County. The existing bridge, constructed in 1961, is scheduled for a full replacement.
Scope of Work
- Full bridge replacement with longer spans and higher profile
- Safety and operational improvements to Good Hope Road entrance ramp to I-43 southbound
- Adjustments to Green Tree Road and Jean Nicolet Road to match new bridge profile
- Early May: 90-day closure of Good Hope Road entrance ramp to I-43 southbound
- With the bridge being located over I-43, minor impacts to the freeway will be seen in various stages of the project. Travel lanes will be adjusted to allow for work under the bridge, and short-term overnight closures will take place to allow for storm sewer work, bridge demolition and bridge forming.
- Early May: Overnight full freeway closures for storm sewer work
- Mid-June: Overnight full freeway closures for bridge demolition
- August/September: Overnight full freeway closures for bridge forming
- WisDOT is reminding motorists that throughout the project, access to and from Nicolet High School will see reconfigured traffic control movements.
- For both the ramp closure and overnight freeway closures, motorists should use Good Hope Road, WIS 57 (Green Bay Road), and Silver Spring Drive to connect back with I-43 in either direction.
The contractor, Lunda Construction, Co. is planning on completing the $6.6 million project by late fall of this year. The schedule of work is weather dependent and subject to change.
More information can be found on the project website at: https://projects.511wi.gov/greentree/