City of Milwaukee names five in-person voting locations
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The City of Milwaukee has named five centers available for in-person voting on Election Day, April 7. Three aldermanic districts will be assigned to each voting center. Due to insufficient staffing levels, the City’s usual 180 neighborhood-based voting sites will not be open.
The City has seen its longstanding staff of 1,400 election workers decrease to just 350 workers this year.
In-person voting centers will be available at the following locations:
- Aldermanic Districts 1*, 3 and 6: Riverside High School, 1615 E. Locust St.
- Aldermanic Districts 2, 5 and 9: Marshall High School, 4141 N. 64th St.
- Aldermanic Districts 4*, 12 and 14: South Division High School, 1515 W. Lapham Blvd.
- Aldermanic Districts 7*, 10, and 15: Washington High School, 2525 N. Sherman Blvd.
- Aldermanic Districts 8, 11, and 13: Hamilton High School, 6215 W. Warnimont Ave.
District 1, Ward 47 (normally at Hampton School) will be voting at Washington High School
District 4, Ward 181 (normally at Charles Allis) will be voting at Riverside High School
District 7, Ward 107 (normally at Ben Franklin School) will be voting at Riverside High School
District 7, Ward 67 (normally at Barack Obama School) will be voting at Riverside High School
Voters are encouraged to confirm their ward number and voting center location at myvote.wi.gov by clicking the "Find My Polling Place" prompt at the top of the screen, or by visiting milwaukee.gov/election and clicking the "Where Do I Vote?" link.