Snow emergencies issued across Southeastern Wisconsin
Posted: Jan 25, 2021 10:21 AM CST | Updated: Jan 26, 2021 3:41 PM CST
WISCONSIN (CBS 58) --- Snow emergencies have been issued in cities across Southeastern Wisconsin ahead of an expected winter storm.
City of Greenfield
- City of Greenfield will be declaring a snow emergency effective at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 26 through 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 27.
City of Kenosha
- Snow emergency from 8 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 26 until 8 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 27.
- Parking is prohibited on all city streets in Kenosha during the snow emergency. The city will allow overnight parking in designated downtown and uptown city parking lots. The downtown parking lot is located on 54th Street between Sixth and Seventh Avenues. The uptown parking lots are located on 22nd Avenue between 56th and 57th Street and the lot north of 56th Street. To see a map, click here. For more information, click here. The city also provides updates of current parking restrictions on a 24-hour hotline: 262-653- 4074.
Village of Pleasant Prairie
- Snow emergency beginning at 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 25 and remaining in effect until noon, Wednesday, Jan. 27.
- No parking is allowed on village streets during the snow emergency. All snow emergency parking restrictions will be enforced. For more information related to the village snow and ice removal plan, click here.
- Snow emergency starting Tuesday, Jan. 26 at 12 p.m. through 12 a.m. midnight.
Town of Somers
- Snow emergency in effect from 8 p.m. Monday, Jan. 25 and has since been extended through 6 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 26.
- Residents are reminded to park vehicles accordingly, with no parking in designated areas.
City of West Allis
- Snow emergency starting Tuesday, Jan. 26 at 1 a.m. and concluding on Jan. 27 at 1 p.m.
- The Municipal Yard will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 26. At this time, trash and recycling collection is scheduled to continue.
- Parking is prohibited on all major emergency thoroughfares for the duration of the emergency. In addition, residential parking is limited to one side of all other streets. Any vehicles in violation of the parking restrictions during a snow emergency will be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense.