Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Cigarette lighter misuse sets blaze, displaces four in Racine house fire

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Racine Fire Department responded to reports of a house fire near 21st St. and Deane Blvd. shortly before 11 p.m. on Thursday.

Crews encountered the fire on the second floor as it had entered through walls and the attic. Authorities say it took crews around 30 minutes to put out the fire. A dog was rescued from the home.

Three adults and a 12-year-old girl evacuated the house before crews arrived. A woman was evaluated by paramedics, but refused treatment. There were no other reported injuries. Red Cross is assisting the displaced family. 

Fire officials stated misuse of cigarette lighter was the cause of the fire. The estimated total loss is around $85,000.

Share this article:
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?