China Lights Asian Cuisine Festival starts Friday
HALES CORNERS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- China Lights is hosting an Asian Cuisine Festival this weekend.
There will be special samples of asian food, plus egg roll eating contests on Saturday and Sunday.
There's also going to be an illumination parade plus performances from acrobats and musicians from China.
China Lights runs through October 22 at the Boerner Botanical Gardens.
See the full list of activities below.
Asian Cuisine/Chicago Weekend features
- · 50 larger-than-life sculptural lantern displays
- · An Illumination Parade
- · 6 performances per night Friday through Sunday, with professional acrobats, martial artists, and musicians from China
- · Cultural Displays with replicas of traditional Asian clothing
- · A bustling marketplace, with demonstrations of handicrafts including name painting, rice engraving, inner-bottle painting, and aluminum weaving
- · FREE China Lights premium to the first 2,000 visitors from Illinois who present identification at the admission gate
- · Special sampler platters and expanded Asian and Western menus, Ralph’s Wine & Sake Bar
- · Saturday & Sunday, Egg Roll Eating Contests
- · Saturday & Sunday, Talks/Demos on the Chinese Healing Arts with Dr. Xiping Zhou
- · Saturday & Sunday, Tui Na, or Chinese medical massage, as chair massage (FREE)