Chimney fire does $100,000 damage to Town of Eagle home
EAGLE, WI (CBS 58) -- Damage is estimated at $100,000 to a Town of Eagle home due to a chimney fire just before noon Saturday. According to the Eagle Fire Department, the one alarm fire was reported around 11:30 AM in a two-story wood frame home with exposed basement at Waukesha County Road LO and Upper Clarks Park Road. Fire officials say the fire begin in a wood burning stove with an exterior chimney. The fire extended into the structure and roof of the home, but was confined to the area around the chimney. Several area fire departments were called to assist in fighting the fire. No injuries were reported, but the residents of the home on the north side of Eagle Spring Lake were displaced and are staying with family members.