Children invited to donate to local troops overseas during 7th annual Halloween Candy Buy Back
GERMANTOWN, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Dental Professionals of Germantown is calling all trick-or-treaters to set aside their excess candy this Halloween for a great cause.
Dental Professionals are collecting the candy for troops from Wisconsin who are currently serving overseas.
“We’ve donated almost 3 TONS of candy in six-years by buying back candy from the kids in our community,” said Pediatric Dentist Dr. Chad Zambon. “Not only do the kids gets to earn one dollar per pound of candy donated, but they can also write a letter or draw a picture that we will include with the candy when it’s sent to active duty Wisconsin troops.”
- Children receive $1/pound of candy donated (up to 5lbs) along with a toothbrush from Dental Professionals.
- ALL donations are sent to Wisconsin troops serving overseas.
- Children can shake the hand of a current service member, Fireman, Police Officer, and pet the Police Service Dog as they make their donation and write a card or draw a picture to accompany their donation.
- Candy will be collected Thursday, November 1, 3-6 p.m. at Dental Professionals of Germantown.
- For interviews, contact Debbie Anderson: (414) 507-0264 or (262) 255-7820 [email protected]