Bradshaw Medical Evacuation Cleared after Reported Chemical Reaction
The Kenosha Fire Department and Police Departments were on the scene of a hazardous material situation this morning. According to the Kenosha Police, crews were called to Bradshaw Medical, Inc., at 7:18 a.m. According to the police, a 55 gallon drum of nitric acid was “bubbling” and hazmat crews were called. The building was evacuated and there were no reports of injuries.
Yellow smoke was coming from a room. The employees were evacuated, and there were no injuries. It was a chemical reaction involving a drum of nitric acid. The hazmat crews neutralize the chemical reaction and made sure the building was safe.
A call to the company confirmed that the hazmat situation concluded and the employees were allowed back into the building around 9:40 a.m.
A news release regarding the incident is expected to be issued by the company later today. Bradshaw Medical, Inc. produces orthopedic and spinal surgical instruments.