Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee changes meal pickup policy due to heightened COVID-19 precautions
Updated: 2:22 p.m. on March 23, 2020
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee are closed due to COVID-19, but they're still providing meals for kids ages 18 and under.
But now, families will need to drive up and pick up the meals for the week at various club locations.
"We're doing everything that we can in order to get meals in the hands of our youth. We serve communities where a disproportionate of our families are facing economic challenges, social challenges that other families are not."
Meals will only be available for pickup this coming Wednesday, March 25. After that, they will only be available on Mondays.
Posted: 4:56 p.m. on March 16, 2020
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee announced Monday that all club locations will remain closed until April 13 in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Beginning March 16, Boys & Girls Clubs is partnering with Hunger Task Force to implement a meal plan that offers all club members 18 years of age and younger three meals per day throughout the closure.
The meal plan is being executed at the following locations:
- Early meal service locations: These sites will serve lunch at 10:45 a.m.-11:45 a.m. and dinner from 3 p.m.- 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Daniels Mardak - 4834 N. 35th Street
- Pieper Hillside - 611 W. Cherry Street
- St. Joseph Academy - 1600 W. Oklahoma Avenue (no dinner)
- Late meal service locations: These sites will serve lunch from noon-1 p.m. and dinner from 4:15-5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday
- LaVarnway - 2739 N. 15th Street
- Davis - 1975 S. 24th Street
Bagged breakfasts will be handed out to all dinner participants during the dinner service times.
All participants are asked to practice responsible social distancing while collecting their meals.